Home

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Scrapping the Music - Sparkle


Another challenge is up at Scrapping the Music!  This time around we are doing Sparkle by RubyHorse.

Another song I had not had the chance to get to know.  I think I am lacking in my musical education. Nevermind that most of the music on my iPod is probably 4-5 years old!!!  heh.  Ok, recently I did download Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know. (At first I thot it was Goat-Yees, but its actually Gauthier. Pronounce THAT!)   I'm so hip.  yeah.


Don't forget that the new format at Scrapping the Music has two parts, the music challenge and a prompt.

The prompt for this challenge is "Your favorite singer when you were a teenager",  or currently if your Dad still calls you a teenager.   Oh wait, that's probably just me!  : .P

OK, I couldn't help but go with, the what do they call it??? the gratuitous picture of the day (GPOTD).
I took it while I was practicing TTV shots during my class in SF last year.  To see if its possible to take a self-portrait TTV.  It IS!!!  I love this picture of me, not only because its so dorky, but because I think I'm so funny and I think its quite representative.  I'm quite modest too, right?!  (SO laughing at myself RIGHT NOW!) AND I SPARKLE!  hee!  But I am NOT a vampire.    And while I'm thinking of it, why did they only show Edward as sparkly in Twilight and not the other Cullens?  Sorry, I digress yet again.

You might recognize the papers and the alphas, they're from the DCWV - Colorful Life set that I used for this...I needed glittery stuffs.  Unfortunately, all of that is lost in the photography.  I'll have to check with my photography expert (Patricia!) to see if that can be rectified...



Oh please do stop by and play along!!!

8 comments:

Marit said...

I would sooooo love to sit down with you, both wear funny glasses and act, no wait - BE, teenagers. Now that would be fun!!! Love your sparkling sparkle layout!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hey you hip girl - I never heard of this song before the challenge, either!! LOL! I love this picture of you!!! (You look just like you belong with Sheldon, Linda!!!!) Your page is so fun and happy, and beautifully designed! I really like the letters and your stars!

Patricia Roebuck said...

You crack me up! I couldn't believe this when I saw it on the blog. This is so awesome! Well, I don't know the best way to photograph a LO and get the sparkle b/c you may lose some of the image quality of photo. Would have to play with that.

But seriously LOVE every bit of this!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh and did you cut the letters and stars with SIL? Love the look of the letters!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeee all the stars!!

Penny said...

I love that bar of music stampie you have at the top. Love everything about this page!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

This is so sparkly and so YOU!!! I just love it - so much personality!!!

jamie said...

sheer joy--i like that!!

-JC